Old December 24th 04, 04:20 PM
tango

"Joe" > wrote in
newsYGyd.9738$jn.3024@lakeread06:

> After an involuntary break of over a year I am just getting back into
> online racing. Broke out NASCAR Racing 2003 and GPL and bought a
> Saitek R440 Force Feedback wheel to replace the old red Logitech
> Formula Force that went to my son.
>
> Remembering how long it took me to trial-and-error my way to good
> force feedback setting when I first got the Logitech I would like some
> help in initial settings for the new Saitek R440. Anyone out there
> with the Saitek R440 give me some suggestions on what driver and
> in-game Force Feedback settings to use? I would be especially grateful
> for specific advice with NASCAR Racing 2003 and GPL.
>
> Any advice appreciated

hi,
i have the same wheel and use these settings for gpl, added in core.ini
file.

[ Joy ]
allow_force_feedback = 1 ; Use FF if device has it
force_feedback_latency = 0.085000 ; force feedback latency (secs)
force_feedback_damping = 35.000000 ; force feedback damping coefficient
max_steering_torque = 180.000000 ; steering torque in N*in giving max
device force

nr2003 is 100% strength in controller options, and nothing else.

in control panel i have 100 strength and nothing else,thats my personal
preference but seems ok for most games.
Nigel