Old September 4th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
High Tech Misfit

Default Add Navigation System After Purchase

wrote:

> Because of the rapidly shrinking pool of 2006 Honda Civics in my
> neighborhood, I ended up getting one yesterday w/o a navigation system,
> although I really wanted one with it. The salesman said that the nav
> systems come from the factory - it's not something you could upgrade
> later. I'm not so sure... Although Crutchfield says you can get some
> that *technicall* will fit, you have to fabricate your own mounting
> brackets, and significantly change the look of your dash, so I don't
> like that option.
>
> Is it possible to get a Navigation System after delivery, and then just
> replace the audio console along with the radio? Is this completely
> insane, or has someone done this before?
>
> Thanks!
> Chris

I would just get a portable hand-held GPS system, which will cost a lot less
than an in-dash system. Having an in-dash system means that if the system
has a problem, the entire car has to be left at the dealer or wherever to
fix the problem.