Old November 21st 04, 12:45 PM
maxpower

You should post what yr your vehicle is if you want to know about the latest
TSB's, but that is what is sounds like to me, replace the plugs and wires,
Normally the check engine lite will turn on with a cyl misfire code. But i
have run into this many times when the vehicle is misfiring and no codes are
set and the monitor doesnt even let you see it misfiring.
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech
"BREWERPAUL" > wrote in message
> Hi-- My '03 Cruiser with 18K miles seems to be missfiring at idle when

warmed
> up. It'll be running smoothly, then it will miss . Usually it's only one

miss,
> but sometimes there will be two or even three in a row. While waiting at

the
> average traffic light, this might happen several times. The car runs fine

while
> actually driving.
> It may or may not be related, but in the past several weeks I've had a

hard
> time starting the car first thing in the morning. Most days it's fine, but
> about 3 times I've really had to crank it for a LONG time before the

engine
> caught. Nights are getting cooler in upstate NY, but not really cold yet

(30's
> -4o's).
> The dealer tells me there is a TSB calling for a different type of plug

and new
> plug wires. Think this will fix both problems? FWIW-- on separate

occasions