Old August 15th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Moron of the Week

Hi. This is the meow-send program at usenet. I'm afraid I wasn't able
to deliver any clue to the following address: "brink"

>"Arif Khokar" > wrote in message
>> brink wrote:
>>
>>> Your story is a perfect example of how the dangerous Elantra driver
>>> nearly caused a horrible wreck because he or she clearly did not
>>> adequately check his or her mirrors before initiating the pass of the
>>> truck and inconveniencing the driver of the Civic. As at least four or
>>> five expert drivers here in r.a.d. will explain to you in no uncertain
>>> terms, the single worst thing a driver can do is to block the left lane
>>> at any moment and for any length of time, even while passing, so the
>>> Civic driver had no resort to do what he or she did.

>> <snip>
>>
>> The four or five expert drivers here in r.a.d., had they been driving the
>> Elantra would have never been in such a situation. When I initiate a
>> pass, the opportunity to pass me on the right and cut in front of me
>> exists anywhere from 3 to 5 seconds.

>Exactly! You've "never been in such a situation"! Which is why I'm glad
>you're here. We need more experts like you!

It doesn't take expert advice; it takes common sense. Or perhaps for
some it does take expert advice.

>Obviously, the Elantra driver should have anticipated that the Civic driver
>was going to want that lane back, even after swerving out of it to pass
>drivers in the other lane. I mean, when one is going to pass another
>vehicle, one must not only make sure there is not another vehicle
>approaching in the passing lane, but that there are *no* approaching
>vehicles in *any other lanes* that may possibly want that lane.

The elantra driver should have waited for rice boy to pass, or passed
with diligence.

>Sure, this may involve a little mind reading, but to an expert driver, it
>isn't difficult. Those 20 seconds were clearly *very* important to the
>Civic driver -- he or she must not be delayed. Period.

Expert driver? How about a conscious driver? Do you have difficulties
judging the relative speed of other vehicles? When I'm driving, I
focus on what's ahead of me, but I'm also aware of what's behind me,
as well as what's on either side of me. Considering I like to have an
awareness as close as possible to 360 degree coverage, I notice
vehicles approaching me from the rear LONG before they catch up to me.
Judging their speed to that of any traffic around them allows me to
access their relative velocity, which in turn leads me to alter my
driving pattern in preparation for any possible requirement for
defensive driving maneuvers.

You DON'T drive this way? Please don't breed.

---

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?" ~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

--

El Pollo Loco (Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend) demonstrates it's complete gullibility, stupidity, and state of delusion when it falls for an April Fool's joke, hook, line, and sinker:

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.