Old July 21st 05, 06:57 PM
Ted B.

> No need to get that drastic, just get 8-10 strong guys to pick it up
> and set it on the sidewalk. Preferably in such a manner that it can't
> be driven without being picked up and moved again. Then call the cops
> to come get it.
>
> nate

Several years ago, I had a parking spot assigned at work with my name
clearly marked in a HUGE sign that nobody could miss, and also marked
violators will be towed. I came back from my lunch break to find a minivan
parked in my spot, with the center of the front bumper of the minivan about
6" from the post that held the sign with my name on it. On one side of my
spot was grass, the other side was another parking spot. I carefully backed
up behind my parking spot so that the rear passenger side of my vehicle was
about a centimeter off the asshole's rear bumper. That is, the entire rear
of the minivan was blocked by the passenger side of my vehicle, and the
front of my vehicle was partially in the grassy area. The only vehicle I
blocked in was the vehicle that was parked in my spot.

I figured eventually I'd get a phone call, as someone would want to move
their vehicle. A few hours later when I left work, the minivan was GONE.
The sign with my name on it was still firmly cemented into the ground. My
car had not been moved, and was undamaged. I wish I'd have left a video
camera running, as it was a fricking miracle that the minivan was able to
get out of there without damaging SOMETHING. The only thing I can think of
is that it must have moved sideways somehow, into the grassy area, to get
out of there. He did NOT have room to maneuver forward and backward. -Dave