Old June 21st 05, 09:06 AM
R. P.

"jim beam" > wrote:
> afaik, the commonest problem with accord torque converters, and even
> then it's not that common from what i can see, is a lack of lockup
> clutch. i've never had that problem in a honda myself, but i'd be
> surprised if you could hear this problem on driveaway being as the
> lockup clutch only engages at higher speeds and during braking.

Well, I did drain the ATF last evening and refilled it with 2.5 qt
genuine Honda ATF-Z1. A test drive after it did not show any noticeable
change in that noise I reported earlier. I'll replace the ATF again
next weekend though I'm not having high hopes for an improvement.
Perhaps that mechanic was right after all and my car needs its torque
converter replaced. At least if I was sure that they could find the
right remanufactured converter for it and it would really solve the
problem and not just be part of a process of elimination game till the
whole transmission is replaced.

Rudy