Old January 3rd 05, 06:46 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
The Real Bev > wrote:
>"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:
>> More than once I've grabbed a comment card and sent it in at my
>> earliest convenience. I doubt it has any real effect, though - for
>> example, I told Micro Center to get rid of the highlighter-wielding
>> Goombahs in the exit vestibule of their Tustin store; they responded
>> by buying the guy a chair to sit in and a security guard jacket to
>> wear.

>That's very different from reporting an incompetent employee -- striking
>at the heart of the system takes more than a postcard!

You can't strike at the heart of a successful system, unless you wield
a lot more power than it does. The only way at the heart (aside
from main force) is to become part of the system, and by the time you
get close enough, you're co-opted by it.

In this case, the built-in armor against change is there. The guard
is there to prevent shoplifting. Ipso facto, anyone who complains
about it is a shoplifter and should be ignored.