Old January 3rd 05, 04:56 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
fbloogyudsr > wrote:
>"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in
>> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:02:38 GMT, DTJ > wrote:
>>>Racism is bad. Reverse racism is just as bad, if not worse, because
>>>it perpetuates racism.

>> But dem ribs is dayam good!

>Scott, you and others (although I have DTJ blocked so I shouldn't
>complain about him) are ****ing me off with all this crap. Please
>stop. You can't tell by looking at someone who is a foreigner, you
>can't tell by listening to them, you can't tell from their driving habits,
>etc., etc., etc.

With 100% certainty, no. But you can, in fact, tell with some degree
of accuracy, at least by looking and listening. Claiming that's
"racist" is oversensitivity. Besides, the people of the ethnicity that
stereotypically (and not, IME, without basis in fact) makes some "dayam good"
ribs aren't usually foreign at all.

>There have been some many racist comments on this ng that I'm
>almost to the point of un-subscribing because the general tone is
>so abhorrent to me.

Don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way out.