Old May 7th 05, 12:58 AM
L.A. Jeepster

Default any opinions on the Rubicon "Unlimited"

Hi folks,

Commentary in this room helped me a lot last year when I was choosing a
barbeque grill (coal truly is the way to go), so I'm hoping to get a little
input on the purchase of a Rubicon Unlimited.

My Jeep experience thus far has been a '90 YJ 4.0L, a '95 YJ 2.5L, and a '96
XJ 4.0L (my personal favorite, just before they started making XJs for
girls, though I'd still take a redesigned XJ over the KJ any day). Now that
gas prices are skyrocketing and hybrids are all the rage, I have the
untimely opportunity to get a pretty good deal on a Rubicon Unlimited (is
that a VJ?).

I like the Rubicon options, like the tried-and-true 4.0L, the Dana 44; and I
think the "Unlimited" extension is pretty cool. I want something I can take
off road, but I'm basically a child of the Chrysler era when it comes to
Jeep, so I like things like power-steering and CD players, and I'm not
obsessed with "the good ol' days" when AMC made Jeeps... so aside from all
the epithets against DC (which are probably true), what do you all think
about this latest model?