Old November 7th 04, 04:06 PM
lgcharlot

Default Will TDI ever be available CA, NY, MA, ME?

Has anyone heard if the TDI will be available in the upcoming model
year (2005) in the 5 or 6 states that it's been "not available" in
2003/2004? In particular California? With fuel prices averaging almost
$2.5/gal in some parts of the state, like the Bay Area and San Diego,
I've got to get something with the best possible fuel economy, but
don't want to go "hybrid" (Prius/Insight) until that technology has
had a few more years to mature. The TDI engine has been around a long
time and the Golf seems like a nice enough car, although I have been
told that it's no longer available with the diesel engine in the
two-door version (which I would prefer). It's maddening to know that
I can buy a TDI just 130 miles away in Carson City, Nevada, but not
here in central California.