Old May 23rd 06, 02:12 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default how to sell a BMW?

ELD wrote:
> I've got a BMW to sell and no one seems interested.
>
> It's been in AutoTrader and on Craig's list for a week.
> I've added it to Ebay and the local (San Jose) paper.
> I'm even asking three grand UNDER Kelly Blue Book.
> It's a perfectly good car, in excellent shape, but so far, not a single
> bite.
> Any suggestions on anything else I should try?
>
> (It's a 2000 540iT with 65,000 miles.)

3 things:

1) It's a station wagon. These are *not* hot sellers in the US.

2) It's a V8. People are now looking at fuel economy even when
considering performance cars. Personally, if I were considering an E39
I would be looking at the 6 cylinders. V8's are extra complexity and
maintenance costs with very little difference in performance. Plus
yours has a RB steering box which is nowhere as good as rack and pinion
in steering feel.

3) You must have it priced too high for the market. Price it right and
it will sell no matter what it is...

--
-Fred W