Old October 11th 04, 01:59 AM
Dad

"Drink" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Quick question: After modifying the ignition system, is there any
> logical method or rule of thumb for changing the factory-recommended spark
> plug gap?
> Engine in question is an '86 Corvette 350cid V8 engine with [305 heads]
> TPI, HEI ignition, headers, high voltage coil, "performance" 8mm plug
> wires.
> If anyone can shed more light on the effects of the 305 V8 on the 350
> block, I'd appreciate that as well. I think the head casting number is
> 62426.
> Best Regards,
> Jim

Any additional gap will depend on whether or not you can produce the voltage
required to jump the gap and still maintain a strong spark.

If you think you have that available open it up a bit and try it. Not as
good as knowing what results you will get because of the work required to
take them out and regap. Go to some of the after market ignition sites and
see what they recommend and at what voltage level.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51