Old July 11th 05, 12:29 AM
Gregg M via CarKB.com

>What is it doing to cause you to want to adjust the bands?

When I took the transmission pan off, after we backed it home, the oil in the
bottom of the pan was black,...I figured that it had eaten the forward band,
and if I could locate it, I would just replace it and my troubles would be
over,....but since you say there is no hand adjustment, and I found that the
bands are not visible,....I guess I am at a stopping point again,....anymore
advice? And BTW do you know if a 1983 AOD Mercury Marquis will interchange?
AND BTW the way,.....again,...what does IIRC mean? :-)