Old May 25th 04, 04:38 PM
Ed Varin

Default 99 Intrtepid To Much Oil Damage

I own a 99 Intrepid 2.7 with about 82K on it. The timing chain was making
noise so I had it towed to Elmwood Dodge in East Providence RI. A new timing
chain, water pump, belts were installed for 1300 dollars. I picked up the
car and after about 300 miles started to get a noise in the motor, the oil
light would come on at an idle and the car started running rough at an idle.
I checked the oil and it appears to have been "Double filled" being 5 quarts
over. I had it towed back to the dealer and was told the noise is a piston
noise. They assumed responsibility for the overfill of oil and are stating
that would not lead to piston damage. Is this true?