Old June 2nd 05, 01:12 PM
Dan Beaton

Brooklin ) writes:
> Not quite a strictly Honda question, but since I've gotten lots of
> good info here in the past, I'd thought I post here.
>
> I have a '97 Civic that I was putting a new front license plate cover
> on. The bolts were pretty tight, but I loosened them up with WD40.
> The last bolt seemed to turn, but the nut on the inside of the bumper
> was turning and not the screw.
>
> Now I can't get the last bolt off to change the cover (or remove the
> plate).
>
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks in advance.

Can you get vice grips on the nut? If you can get it to start to run,
likely you can get it off. Or use a hack saw (ughh) or dremel
tool to cut the head off. A cold chisel could work but it might be
worse than the hack saw in terms of doing collateral damage.

Dan

(This account is not used for email.)