Old November 18th 04, 01:19 AM
tonyrama

Default cheap Miata for sale near here

I was out and about today and I went down into a wholesale lot looking for a
vehicle for my mother, and what did I see but an M1! I couldn't believe they
had one there, so I pulled in to see it. It's a '95, it looked green under
the lights but the guy there said it was blue, it had a tan top with black
interior, power windows, power antenna, newish rubber on nice alloys,
automatic tranny. When I saw it was automatic I didn't look over it much
longer, but I almost had her convinced when I got home that it was a viable
buy for a winter car. The price on it was $3600, but they guy said they'd
probably take $2500. It's not inspected, and the tag on the window said it
was because of the directionals, and the drivetrain, whatever that means.

So my questions are these: First, what could be wrong in a Miata drivetrain
that would negate a sticker? Second, I know that a lot of people here drive
their Miatae in the snow, but my mother is the little old ganny in a minivan
type. More of a point and steerer than a driver, what's the likelyhood that
she'd get herself into more trouble with a Miata than a FWD minivan? With
decent snowtires, of course, but she drives 50-60 miles a day round trip to
work, and needs something she can count on to get through New England
winters. What do you all think?

Tonyrama