Old May 5th 05, 02:53 AM
L Sternn

On 4 May 2005 17:38:27 -0700, "casioculture" >
wrote:

>Detroit car makers really need to get back to the basics. Their
>problems are not with the workers or the unions as they often seem to
>make it out to be.

Unions are not their only problem, but they do add to the cost of
production.

> Their problem is in their hedious corporate
>thinking.

Could you explain exactly what you mean by that?

>Look at Renault, france is a country with considerable social
>responsibility, yet Renault has wonderful designs that are smart,
>economical, and very, very safe

And they don't run very well either, which probably contributes to
their safety. They can't hurt anyone if they're not on the road.

That's been my experience with Renault, anyway.

If Renault is so great, why can't they sell cars here?