Old May 10th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default jet-powered VW-BUG, I want one now !

Papa wrote:

> I am, but wastefulness kind of dampens my humor - especially when it
> affects the environment.

Did you ever think that this may be useful? Maybe it would revolutionize
aviation or something. Guys like you are fixated on the past and want us
to go back to the dark ages in the name of the environment (lets all ride
bicycles instead of driving cars). There is no proof that man has as much
as an effect on the environment that most greenie weenies say, but they get
instant media credibility every time they open their mouths with no proof
or supporting evidence of their claims.

Here is a good example, nuclear power could provide an exponential amount of
power over regular power plants, but the weenies claim it was unsafe, can't
do anything with the waste, etc. Nobody ever sought to construct a
Cherynobyl type plant, and the waste can be disposed of properly but not by
killing any attempt at research.

Instead we get all the doubletalk and false claims that make these bozos
seem smart when they say "save the planet". How stupid would they sound if
they kept saying they were going to "save the world"? We are talking about
the same thing. As long as China and most of Europe pollute as they do,
there is no way the world will be cleaner if the US just shut down
everything tomorrow.

--
Mike