Old January 27th 05, 11:01 PM
bfd

"Bradburn Fentress" > wrote in message

> "Kyle and Lori Greene" > wrote in message
>> Here's what Autoweek has on the & Series update....
>>
>> http://autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101688
>>
>> Kyle.

> That's an interesting article...not because the car has been "freshened",
> but because of the sales data BMW reports. Around here the consensus has
> been that the E65 has been a poor seller.....guess not. I guess it's the
> best selling 7 ever.

Well, the problem with the article is that "world-wide" the E65/66 has been
selling like hot cakes. However, in the US, supposedly BMW's largest market,
at least for 2004, sales for all of 2004 totaled 16,155 units which was a
21.1% decrease from the 20,473 sold during the entire year 2003!

Notice that the article selectively stated that in the US, the 7 series was
BMW best selling car during its first 3 years - 2001-2003. for more on 2004
sales, see Fred Meloan's excellent spreadsheet:

http://myfilelocker.comcast.net/fdme...ries_Sales.pdf