Old May 22nd 04, 10:38 PM
SteveH

New Alfa Owner > wrote:

> Thanks Gents that's eased my mind. The dealer told me it was a way of AR
> pre-registering the car but the more I thought about it (after I had paid my
> deposit !) the more I couldn't understand how or why a car could only have
> delivery miles (30) after a whole year.
>
> The car does have the chassis number etched into the front windscreen and
> the side windows are also etched with some infomationl, the dealer pointed
> this out to me after I asked him to confirm it was not an import.
>
> Wish me luck with my first Alfa.

You won't need luck. Don't listen to what the press / idiot know-it-alls
say about Alfas!

They're reliable, and don't rust. OK?

Just remember to check the oil more often than you would with a Ford...
although the V6 doesn't suffer in the same way as recent TSpark engines
do.

Just relax and enjoy! - oh, and let me know what you think of it, as the
166 is near the top of my list of 'cars to buy when I'm no longer doing
20k miles / year' ;-)
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL