Old January 12th 05, 08:13 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote
> The US solution to the same problem saves even more
> battery power (because it uses none at all), works better and requires no
> action on the driver's part: sidemarker reflectors on all cars since
> 1/1/70, amber front and red rear.
>
> (Yes, believe it or not, there are one or two half-decent ideas in the US
> vehicle lighting code! You have to cross your eyes, squint and drink
> heavily to find more than one or two, though...)

Amazingly enough, a *driving instructor* once complained to me that
my brake lights were too dim and I needed to clean the taillight lenses.
In retrospect, he had mistaken the rear reflectors (in my '77 BMW 530i
they were level and the same size as the brakelight lens) as the brake
lights. I was going directly east as the sun was setting in 1st gear and
wasn't using my brakes.

The driver this idiot was "instructing" ended up tailgating me as I pulled
around a corner to a parking spot...

Floyd