Old June 5th 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.driving,rec.arts.tv

Default Guy in Viper: Because I'm compensating for my "shortcomings"

C. E. White wrote:

> On a more serious note - I dislike those VW commercials. The message is
> unclear. Do VW owners not care about their vehicles? If the best thing you
> can say about your VW is that people with low self esteem or no ego's buy
> them, why should I be interested?

"low ego emissions" does not at all mean "low self-esteem". They're
trying to appeal to people who think they're mature/secure enough not
to need to show off with a car that compensates for their various
emotional problems... i.e. people that buy a car because they like it
or it makes sense, not because it makes them look good.

Not that there's anything wrong with owning a Ferrari, though if you're
just using it for your daily commute, you could have saved about
$150,000...

Jeff