Old July 24th 05, 12:10 AM
Gary

Paul-
If you get to Thompson Springs, UT you can get off I-70 and go north
about 3 miles (on paved road) up the canyon to the ghost town of Sego.
There you will find the remains of the old coal mining town. Also,
there are some fairly extensive petroglyph panels, well marked and
easily visible from the road. Some Fremont work, with other more
recent images over the top of it in some places. A couple of picnic
tables and an outhouse that might come in handy, too. A short, easy
side trip but well worth it, IMO.

BTW, Lon - thanks for the info on the geyser. I remember seeing it
several times as a kid, as it was just a few feet off the old highway,
but then I-70 went in and I lost track of just where the geyser was.
I'll have to get out there this fall and check it out after the weather
cools off.

Gary