Old November 28th 04, 01:42 PM
Nate Nagel

Ironradio wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knew a source for original pattern asphalt
> impregnated cloth covered wire such as would have been seen on a Model
> T. I'd like to find such wire in 14 gauge with two conductors.
>
> I'm aware of Lee W Pederson's offerings but would like to find even
> more period correct wire or at least two conductor wire like his. The
> last roll I saw of the asphalt impregnated cloth covered wire had a
> 1957 date on it.
>
> Thanks! Dave

I have seen such wire at Carlisle etc. but I don't recall the vendor's
name, I don't own any cars old enough for me to really pay attention to
the stuff (and I'm not enough of a purist not to just use plastic coated
wire for any rewiring that needs to be done.)

good luck,

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.