Old May 31st 05, 04:26 AM
Busahaulic

"johnboy" > wrote in message
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Try this on.
> >
> > I've heard of several folks using vw based engines in an aircraft. The
> > old volksplane and there used to be an ultralight powered by half a vw
> > engine. Has anybody ever heard of someone putting an airplane engine in
> > a vw?
> > TC

> it might be cool to think of a Lycoming flat-4 360 in a bug but it won't

fit
> and you know aircraft engines are built to be very low-rpm

torque-monsters -
> not particularly suitable for the road, no?
>
> fwiw, f. Porsche originally wanted a radial engine in the early vision of
> the peoples car,

When I win the Lotto, one of these suckers is going in my bus!
http://www.dynacam.com/Index.htm
12 cylinders / 650 ft.lbs. torque at 1200rpm / 13" x 40" / 265 pounds
TWELVE firing impulses PER revolution!
Who cares what it would take to make it work - hell, the sound of this thing
has got to be symphonic!
-BaH (symphonic?)