Old May 11th 05, 04:03 PM
Joe Way

On Wed, 11 May 2005 06:04:42 -0500, Leon Corley >
wrote:

>According to my Service manual, the 1948 216 had a SAE HP rating of 29.4
>HP. (page 6-47)
>It doesn't provide any RPM data.
>Nor any torque data.
>
>regards,
>Leon
>

>Pat Bou wrote:
>> Does anyone knows about 261 cid line 6 engine. what are the spec weight,
>> hp, torque an so...

=====================================
Ummm....261, Leon, not 216. My Motor's Truck Repair manuals provide a
little more information.

The 261 first shows in 1954 with a compression ratio of 7.8, max hp
135 @ 3700 rpm and max torque 200 @ 2000 rpm. The last listing is in
1962, by which time the compression ratio had gone to 8.0, max hp to
150 @ 4000 and max torque to 235 @ 2000 rpm.

No engine weights are listed in my references. If you want more
information about the engine or about old GM trucks in general, go to

http://www.stovebolt.com/bboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

register for the Stovebolt Page forums and post your questions there..
They are

"for the discussion of topics directly related to the care,
restoration and use of antique GM trucks"

defined as pre-1973.

Joe
--
Heather & Joe Way