Old December 14th 04, 02:31 AM
Braukuche

Default Wiring problem

Hey all,
The PO on my '65 Bus had converted it over from 6 volt generator to 12 volt
alternator. I am running a generator so had to wire it for a gennie. I must
have done something wrong because now I have little to no juice. The voltmeter
shows the battery is fine and I am getting juice to the ignition switch, but
when I turn the key the voltage drops to nothing. The same happen when I turn
on the headlights, which don;t even work. I assume I did somethign wrong when
rewiring for the generator. AS it is there are two thick cables connected
together running to the starter, one red one red and black. I removed those
wires. The red and black one runs to D+ on the voltage regulator which also has
a wire running to the + terminal. B+ has a wire going from the regulator to the
generator. Also, I should mention that the idiot light for the gen/reg is not
working. Where have I gone wrong here?
--Dan E