Old July 8th 05, 09:02 PM
Jimmy

Or there is no crisis at all. And no need for replacement.

It's like housing. Speculation is driving the prices. Remember when Yahoo
was a "bargain" stock at 100 bucks per share? Or Cisco? Irrationality is
driving up prices....just like the irrationality in housing prices.

First off, yes there ARE alternatives to "dino" juice. Thermal
Depolymerization. Bio Diesel. Methane Hydrates. And biodiesel enthusiasts
are as hard core as any mustang enthusast, even home brewing thier own fuel.

There is even debate as to the origin of petroleum itself. Whether the earth
produces petroleum naturally, versus a fossil/aging process. It's called
abiotic oil aka the "Russian-Ukranian Theory of Petroleum Genesis",
developed by (gasp!) Soviet petroleum engineers.

In the early 1970's we were "running out of oil" and the earth was headed
cataclysmically into an Ice Age. Now, we're "running out of oil" and we're
headed for "global warming". Interesting how over 30 years the theorys
change, but the hysteria remains.

Too bad TtT ain't here any more (you old timers know who I mean) as I
believe he was/is a petroleum engineer and might be able to add light to the
subject.

And as far as adding carbon to the atmosphere and the hysterics about global
warming, when the weather service, the NOAA or whomever can get the weather
right for 10 days in a row, I'll believe the climate models for 100+ years.
Othersiws I gotta pull my skeptic card and say "proove it".