Old May 9th 05, 01:19 AM
Dick

On Sun, 8 May 2005 19:48:04 -0400, "JEEPR" >
wrote:

>a battery never looses voltage, it will loose its capacitance to delivery
>current that why the flashlight goes dim, measure the voltage on a deed
>flashlight battery and it will read 1.5v, but the potential (voltage) will
>remain
>

> Matt

That is absolutely not true. You apparently haven't measured the
voltage on a dead or dying battery. I have measured hundreds, if not
thousands of batteries in my lifetime, and I assure you the voltage
across the terminals will decrease as the cell(s) go dead.

Just for drill I measured the voltage on two AA cells I took out of a
wireless mouse because the mouse no longer worked. The batteries
measured 1.022 volts DC with no load on a $350 Fluke DVM calibrated by
Fluke. That's a long way from 1.5 volts. The same is true of any
battery.

As I said before, let the garage charge your battery. There is
probably nothing wrong with it, except that it needs charging.