Old December 20th 04, 06:00 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, HLS wrote:

> > > I don't really trust the auto repair franchises like Midas

> > Smart. They don't deserve trust.

> The quality of work the mechanic performs may be the issue more than the
> franchise.

The quality of the work is poor.
The quality of the parts is poor.
The fact that Midas, Inc. has to keep shareholders happy by paying
dividends means the company is not to be trusted to do good work.

> Midas used to be a good muffler shop.

Midas has never been a good muffler shop. A popular one, yes, but not a
good one. They have always installed substandard parts.

> BUT if their quality mission is not well defined and championed

You sound like an MBA. Here, let me finish your "thought" for you:

"If their quality mission is not well-defined and championed in a context
where team players think outside the box to work smarter not harder, all
while valuing diversity and actualizing their core competencies in the
global marketplace, then they will fail to have enactified their mission
statement."

Naw ****. Really? Y'think?

> which should have the mission to do quality work.

Say "mission" a few more times; it might start to mean something.