Old April 21st 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Fuel Economy

> I suspect that no reasonable person would consider a new MX-5 to be an
> economy car or give the fuel economy a huge role in the decision to buy
> one

<koff>

I had a 94 midsize that needed premium, got 20mpg on a good day, and had
110M on it. Radiator needed replacing, AC was broken, tires had mysterious
random slow leaks, muffler ready to fall off, and the fuel injection
computer would act up on cold mornings.

For $3000 I traded on a 96 Miata with 45M and no issues that gets high 20's
around town on regular. It would have cost me close to $2000 just to keep
the other car going!

There's a lot to like about the Miata (including the way no one needs you to
drive them to the airport anymore but for me the economy was an important
part.

miker