Old April 21st 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Fuel Economy

John,

I'm new to Miata's myself, but a lot has happened to cars since 1991. Now
that absolutely everything is controlled by computer, and with more
efficient engine and transmission design as well as making the aerodynamics
more slippery, more consistant fuel economy should be the norm. Also
remember your new car has a higher compression engine that needs higher
octane fuel, so consider yourself lucky that you are on the high side of the
EPA estimates!!

I have only run three tanks through my 2001, but I have been impressed,
getting ~30 mpg with my daily commute. But you win some & lose some - my new
Honda Ridgeline rated at 16/21 mpg, so far has yet to crack 17 even on the
highway. But with only 1500 miles on it, it still needs to be broken in a
bit more.

Boreal

2001 LS Silver/Tan

.. .