Old August 5th 04, 02:31 AM
S & T Marshall

Default Neon fuel problem

After, and only after, driving extended periods at highway speeds, when I
depress the accellerator after having removed my foot from to slow down the
car will not accelerate, it won't stall but it won't go either. If I park it
and let it cool off it's fine until i again go at highway speeds for an
extended period, and as long as I stay at a constant speed its fine. The
temperature guage reads normal temp, and the check engine light will come
on. Had code checked, comes out as engine air/fuel in a lean condition. Was
told it is most likely the fuel pump on it's way out, not pumping when it
gets hot, but as I said will only do it if i remove my foot from the pedal
and try to reapply it.