Old November 19th 04, 11:45 AM
Tim Rogers

"geoffers" > wrote in message
news

> Wow! The majority of your questions, I can't answer. But, when you get
> that project '65 done, you better show it off in a website or something.
> As for the automatic tranny question, didn't the Type III line have a full
> automatic available? Maybe you can find one from a donor Type III.

...............The frame horns on a type 1 are too close together for an auto
tranny from a type 3 or bus. But since he can't do the work himself and
wants a welded tube chassis, he should probably just go to a custom fab shop
and put down a $10k deposit and then be prepared to come up with at least
another $10k when they're further along in a few months(?). And that doesn't
even take into account the money for a Raby engine. If the original poster
has deep enough pockets, anything is possible. There are cars like the
Corvette, 911 & BMW M3 that probably are better suited for what he wants. A
three year old M3 would probably cost less than what he'd pay for a custom
built bug on a tubular chassis with a Raby engine.