Old April 17th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default cleaning EGR valve

rick wrote:

> Mike Romain wrote:
> > They can get a buildup on the shaft that can make them stick open. If
> > you can blow through it it is stuck open.

> blow where? the exhaust side or the intake side?

Yup, which ever side you think is going to taste better....

what about the vacuum line connection
> on the top?

That is the line to turn on the EGR and shouldn't have any bearing on
whether the EGR is leaking or not.

Some of those hold a vacuum, some bleed off a vacuum. I don't know
which are which, but that still shouldn't affect it leaking. The vacuum
diaphragm can blow which means the EGR won't turn on.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's