Old April 3rd 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default How do you store your hard top?

That WOULD be pretty cool.
I know when we brought ours home and the first thing we were instructed to
do was take the top off, I became concerned.
I am not a strong person and it was all we could do to lift it off and set
it safely on the floor. There it remains.

Kate

"Les" > wrote in message
: I've been storing the top for several summers like this with no adverse
: effects. I would almost think there is a steel plate built into the
mounting
: flange. Wouldn't a couple of lifting eyes that fold flat built into the
hard
: tops be just the most awesome thing Jeep could do to them?
:
:
: "billy ray" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Where the top sits on those blocks might cause a problem with the weight
: > being concentrated. Running a beam down the entire length would spread
: > the load.
:
: