Old May 16th 04, 09:20 PM
Zathras

On Sun, 16 May 2004 07:10:37 +0100, Barry Bingham
> wrote:

>Saw a copy of "Practical Classic Car" or some such in WHSmugs yesterday
>& they were listing cars made in the last five years most likely to
>become classics in x years time.
>
>156 was top of the list, with a prediction that it would be the earlier
>pre-facelift cars with original nose

<Snip>

I couldn't agree more. Giugiario had to do *something* to justify the
investment but they've just messed it up. Trouble is, I've NEVER
thought it possible to (genuinely) improve the looks of the old 156.
With the resources available to Alfa/Fiat/Giugiaro, I think I've been
proved right.

It's bizarre..after 3 years of owning the thing, I still take time to
admire the looks of my car - it's THE Da Silva masterpiece and I bet
he'll never manage another cracker like it.....

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)