Old March 8th 05, 10:22 PM
Jonah

OMG! A cardboard box? The difference between a good subwoofer and loud
bass "noise" is the box. There is a whole field of acoustics dedicated
to speaker box design. The critical factors include volume, porting,
damping, resonance and rigidity. At least the Pioneer tube has been
engineered to include some of these factors. If you're going to use a
cardboard box, you might as well just stick the speaker driver magnet to
the underside of the seat. Cost (excluding speaker) = $0.