Old July 25th 05, 11:05 PM
Dean Dark

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:58:02 -0700, "fbloogyudsr"
> wrote:

>>> Nope. Evaporator gets cold...

>> Which heat exchanger are we talking about? The aux fan runs continually to
>> keep the condenser cool. The interior fan may be switched off, as
>> there's a probe in that heat exchanger to prevent iceing.

>The AIR passing through the evaporator gets cold, the REFRIGERANT (R12 or
>R34)
>that is going through the liquid-to-gas phase-change inside it is getting
>hot.
>Opposite in the condenser.

Yes, in layman's terms a fluid that evaporates sucks in heat; one that
condenses releases heat. It's all made even more efficient and
worthwhile by the latent heat step in the temperature profile of the
transition. But this is getting all too damned scientific.
--
Dan.