Old April 14th 05, 02:10 AM
C.H.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:02:04 -0700, L Sternn wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:40:42 -0700, "C.H." >
> wrote:
>
>>> WTF?

>>Thanks for proving my point.
>>

> Show us a personal attack in this thread that didn't emanate from your
> own keyboard.

Read your own postings and you will find a whole bunch.

>>> I haven't attacked you at all. In fact, it is you who attacked Prius
>>> drivers.

>>No, I merely stated an obvious fact.

> Your opinion is not fact.

My opinion isn't, but the fact that Prius owners buy there cars for
appearance instead of for the environment, is. Even funnier is, that some
people openly admit that they buy a Prius for the money savings at the
pump only. They get the equivalent of a Corolla for 10000-15000 dollars
more than they would pay for the Corolla just to be able to save a few
cents at the pump.

A Corolla gets 30mpg, a Prius (under ideal coditions) maybe 45mpg. So over
90000 miles the Corolla uses 3000 gallons, the Prius 2000 plus an $5000
battery. Very economical indeed, not to mention so environmentally
friendly. Even at 5 dollars a gallon and not taking the batteries into
account a Prius would have to last at least 180000 miles until it breaks
even with the lowly Corolla.

Good thing for Toyota, that math is not a strength of their average
customer.

>>> I simply don't believe that none of them actually care about the
>>> environment.

>>I didn't say that and you know quite well that I didn't. I said that care
>>for the environment is not a major factor in buying a Prius.
>>

> You're splitting hairs.

No, I simply corrected your lie.

>>> I'd also love to see you back up any of your claims regarding the
>>> environmental costs of hybrids vs. conventional cars with facts.

>>And I'd love to see you behave in a civilized manner.
>>

> There's another personal attack.

No, it's a statement of fact.

> To quote you:
>
> "Nice try. Come back when you have arguments instead of personal
> attacks."

Feel free to.

Chris