Old November 17th 04, 02:02 PM
linda

James C. Reeves wrote:
> "linda" > wrote in message
> |
> | i know, i keep telling people that and i almost get into fights!!!!!
> | can you believe that THE DUKE was gay..
>
> So they weren't kidding when they referred to him as "a man's man"!
>
> Just curious. How did all of these people achieve such great and productive
> ends if discrimination was anywhere near the level claimed. In the 1970's, I
> knew Elton John was gay even then. I bought his record albums and attended his
> concerts anyway. So did everyone I knew. I'm sure some discrimination exists.
> 90% of it is made up though, in my opinion.

apparently, even homophobes can appreciate and enjoy great things,
songs, art, and benefit from what gays provide us every single day, too?

back in the 30's when "talkies" were first coming about, the film
industry were inserting morality clauses in the actors and actresses
contracts. It was an attempt to clean up the tarnished image brought on
by a raft of scandals involving sexual improprieties and drugs.