Old July 21st 05, 09:33 PM
Snow

I would be looking at the t-stat again, take it out and place in a old pop
can (empty) then pour some boiling water into the can right out of the
kettle, if the t-stat opens fast and smooth then you can eliminate the
t-stat. You can try running without a t-stat to see if the vehicle over
heats, my money is on it won't. That will only help eliminate the t-stat
from your problem. You may have a collapsed hose that is reducing flow
through the rad.. or yes even a bad water pump. Water pumps are silly
things, some last only a couple years and then some (like on my 57 Pontiac
and 54 ford , both Canadian models) can last for over 50 years (the ford
water pumps leak if I let the system pressurize, shaft seals are weak and
failing).
For the few bucks it costs for another t-stat, I'd change it out and I would
even look at buying or having the work done at a different place, just in
case the place that the current one and previous one came from received a
bad batch, or to eliminate the same goon from possibly installing it
incorrectly.

Snow...