Old July 19th 05, 04:17 PM
Ulf

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, N8N wrote:
>

>>>I don't think I'm missing the point. White is not a legal turn signal
>>>color anywhere. Ergo - must have two amber turn signal lights in the
>>>front.

You're wrong. I know my local lighting regulations, and having white
front turn signals on my Camaro is legal. Besides, from a safety
standpoint, which is best; having amber DRLs or white turn signals?

>>>In the US, there are two options for passenger car turn signals.
>>>1) Two amber in the front and two amber in the rear.
>>>2) Two amber in the front and two red in the rear.

Sure, when the car was sold new.

>>The wrinkle is that the front *parking lights* which are almost always
>>combined with the turn signals, may be white or amber.

> That is not the wrinkle at all. That has, in fact, nothing to do with the
> color of front turn signals.
>
> Ulf is right(!) on this one. I did explain it in a previous post.

I've been right the whole time. The thing is that you don't have the
slightest clue what my local regulations say. All you do is cite the
Federal and ECE regs.

>>Other than very
>>recent cars, I can only think of one example of white parking lights
>>being used (VW Corrado)

> Audi 200
> Volvo 122
> Volvo 140
> Toyota Camry through '95, and numerous other Toyotas
> Several Nissans
> Several different Hondas and Acuras
> Subaru Impreza through '01

Doesn't almost a majority of the European cars have white parking lights
now?

Ulf