Old February 7th 05, 07:30 PM
Bill Klein

Default 2002 A4 - Headlights & Dash Lights

Hi all,

Recently acquired a 2002 A4 and am very happy with it so far.

One thing that's been driving me slightly nutty though, is turning on
the headlights at night. Unlike other cars that I have driven, the
dash lights do not seem to be tied at all to the headlights, so there
is no visual cue (i.e. can't see dash!) that you need to turn the
headlights on. Thus I keep forgetting to turn them on.

Am I just going to have to live with this, or is there a way to have
the dash illuminate when the headlights are on, but stay dim
otherwise? (I should note that Canadian DRLs are enabled here, so
perhaps that's the problem). I have played with the + / - buttons but,
again, these seem independent of the headlights.

Many thanks.

Bill