Old January 27th 05, 11:17 PM
Nate Nagel

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, backally wrote:
>

>>I have a '86 Dodge Daytona with the 2.2 turbo, 115K miles. The last
>>month or two I noticed after putting it in the garage that there is a
>>fuel smell about a half hour later. I could not find any leaks
>>anywhere. Recently I noticed it while driving, pulled over and found a
>>slight smoke coming from the area of the injectors. I pulled off the
>>fuel rail and replaced the injector O rings. Everything else looked
>>good...fuel rail, lines, clamps. However, that didn't fix the problem.
>>I don't see any leaks or wet spots anywhere.

> Look *VERY* carefully at the two flex lines that connect your fuel rail
> (on the engine) to the hard fuel lines (on the body), at the right rear
> corner of the engine bay. I have seen MANY "car-B-que" messes that started
> out as turbo Mopars 'cause these lines failed. If you replace them, you
> MUST use EFI hose marked SAE 30R9. Do not attempt to use any other hose
> (30R6, 30R7, etc.) unless you have a death wish.

And use the smooth high-pressure hose clamps as well. Which reminds me,
I need to do the same to the Porsche... garage used regular worm
clamps, which I don't like. I would love to replace it with Aeroquip or
similar, but don't have the right flaring tool for the flares to the AN
fittings (and I will probably be selling the car soon anyway.)

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel