Old December 1st 04, 05:36 AM
Peter Wirthensohn

I would definitely go for a 6 cylinder model even if it is a year or two
older. I'm in Adelaide and sold my 1994 320i manual with 100 kkm for around
20K a few years ago. There is simply no comparison between a 3 series with a
4 cylinder and the venerable turbine like sixes ! The post 1993 VANOS engine
is the one to go for and should last forever without serious issues. In
terms of fuel consumption you can expect 10 litres/100 km around town and
around 8 l/100 km on the highway - I doubt that the 318 is much better
particularly if you push it. Try one before you make a mistake and buy a 318
or god forbid a 316.

Regards
Peter Wirthensohn