Old September 2nd 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default MFFY cop

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Nate Nagel > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >had a VERY pleasant drive home from work today, assuming that you
> >consider torrential rain (thanks, Ernie) and idiot drivers "pleasant."
> >But the topper was the DC city cop that poked his nose into moving
> >traffic and forced six lanes of Bladensburg Road to come to a stop so
> >that he could cross the street without having to go around the block
> >like the rest of us would.

> As a bit of a counterbalance, yesterday I saw a cop actually merge
> correctlyfrom a lane that was closing into a through lane with heavy
> traffic. He *could have* done what MFFYs do - waited until the lane
> was comepletly gone and then forced his way into the through lane -
> but instead he selected a suitable gap well back from the merge point
> and merged in smoothly with no disruption of traffic.
>
> Now that's what I call setting a good example for the citizens.

He signaled... properly?!?! I have to say I doubt that.

When I see a cop signal at all it always takes me completely by
surprise, it's so rare IME. I can't recall seeing even one doing it
properly.

Maybe they assume all eyes are upon them since so many people ignore
traffic laws... but I still think cops are among the ****tiest drivers,
legally speaking.

It's a goddamn shame.
-----