Old April 9th 06, 10:20 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Jeep and BMW

I have noticed a lot of you in here own jeeps, some of your names I even
recognize from eyars of mostly lurking in the jeep groups. So I have a
question. I have a '91 YJ four banger that is really tired... was thinking
of doing the often discouraged conversion to the six cyl... and then I
thought why not use a BMW I6? other than the obvious headache of marrying
the two electrical systems and drive lines, it seems like the engine would
fit the application well. Nice smooth, torquy straight six that would
actually perform decent on the highway as well as off road at high RPM if
needed...

now I know that there are gunna' be those that cry herresy... but what do
you think about the application? Has anyone tried it... seems like I can't
be the first to ponder it. Was thinking about a 3.5 (M60?). Thanks

Matt
'91 318Is
'91 YJ