Old March 6th 05, 06:20 PM
Simply Pete

"solamour" > wrote in message

> I have a 99 Miata, which isn't equipped with a remote. Funny thing is,
> when I unlock the driver's door, the passenger's door also unlocks
> automatically, but not the other way around. I guess the passenger
> side has an actuator, but not on the driver's side.

Yes, several Miata models were factory equipped this way. My sons
MX6 was that way, the remote kit we installed for it included only one
actuator for the drivers door (since the passenger door followed the
drivers door anyway). It entailed running a wiring harness from under
the dash into the drivers door, and installing the actuator. Not all that
difficult if you can follow wiring diagrams.

> Would anyone help me with installing this? I live in San Diego area
> and am willing to travel if it's not too far, say, within 200 miles.
> Please respond here or send me an email to "solamour at netian.com".
> Thanks.

I live near Toronto... it's a bit too cold to work on a car in my unheated
garage, so if you'd like to pay my airfare, I'd be glad to come to San
Diego to help you out. I'm pretty much fed up with winter... can't wait
to get my 94 BRG out...

Pete