Old February 6th 05, 06:34 PM
Randolph

Tracy wrote:

> I just recently bought an Audi 1993 Audi 90s. I'm attempting to charge the
> A/C, which is R134a. My question is, does Audi make some type of special
> attachment(fitting) that needs to use to recharge this thing? I'm
> attempting to charge from the low side, under the car. Any help of advise
> on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. You can e-mal me at
> or reply at

Was the system originally R134a, or has it been converted from R12 at
some point? I know in the days of R12, VW used a slightly non-standard
fitting for the low pressure side, and I had a hard time finding an
adapter so that I could recharge it (with R12). I eventually found the
adapter at a larger auto parts store.